I started this series of blog with my concerns at the amount of data that exist today. You can read the blog here.
After this blog i took the hat of an astrologer and started prediction…😀. My prediction one can be read as a blog here.
My second prediction can be read here. This is where i was stating that incognito mode of browser will/should be made default.
My third prediction can be read here.
Recently i was just going through some blogs in regards to Web 3.0, yes… another topic is slowly gaining more and more traction… slowly many sites would start advertising themselves as being Web 3.0 compliant.. 😀
Coming to the point…
In prediction two, i was mentioning that it is just matter of time when someone creates extensions for browsers (existing), using which you will be able to have more control on advertisements (even Chrome has already started features whereby advertisements can be stopped), trackers (where the hell are you, what are you doing, what are the data you like to share and so on..).
Yes, seems many are thinking of same and now i see a browser namely Brave (i am not advertising you to start using this browser right away), in which they pitch exactly the same aspects and brings in control on privacy, what data is transferred and so on…
If you go through their site, they say things which are quite intriguing to give it a try..
- We as users have full control on privacy (privacy by default).
- Blocks various trackers (control over what data is transferred) by default. They even say that, by doing this, you reduce data consumption. If you have unlimited data package, this is not for you, but for a guy like me who doesn’t want to have data, apart from very specific requirements (yes, i need for maps and i read blogs, nothing else, everything else is avoided from my data plan), this is quite handy because when reading over internet it can avoid data consumption (by the way, in my blog i am using Google ads…. 🤓).
- By the way if you feel that you need to give some helping hand to some free blogs/sites, you have power to do so (or at least what i read) and you can also get rewarded if you are ready to see the ads these blogs/sites serve. Now, that is something i wrote in my blog while predicting.
So, all in all, you now have a brand new browser which gives us more control. Please note, i haven’t used Brave, nor i have plan at this stage. But the point is that, its coming and we don’t have to wait a great deal for having some control on this.
Its unfair that, these advertisement providers (Google Adsense) use our data package and show these to us and we as end users are not getting a cut… 😀. Also, they track us like anything with our data and then use our data for/against to their advantage. In this due course, more than us, all the other parties are gaining with our private data…😀.
Customer is king, but in this case, seems we are cheated… what do you say?
Share/like the post to spread the word and if you believe in what is written down… Thanks folks…
Disclaimer: I use Google Adsense which gives me money to run this site… contradicting, isn’t…😁
My so called innocent blogging (wordpress backed) site, when run using Brave is showing as below… 🤣… be careful folks…just to be sure… i am just shows ads from Google and i use that to run my site (i have to spend close to 100$ an year to run this site with my own registred domain).
Page Visitors: 231
Latest posts by Tomcy John (see all)
- A Guide to Continuous Improvement for Architects - February 2, 2023
- Cloud-first Architecture Strategy - January 26, 2023
- Architecture Strategy and how to create One - January 24, 2023